Paying a visit to your primary care physician can be daunting. Many people ignore issues out of fear of discovering that something concerning is happening in their bodies, and the idea of going for an annual exam when you feel great often seems like you’re asking to discover a problem. However, it’s important to schedule a wellness exam so you can eliminate any health issues and deal with any more serious issues before they can actively take a toll on your health.
Still not convinced? Read on for 5 reasons why you should schedule your annual exam today:
Why should I schedule my annual wellness exam?
Something so routine may feel unnecessary, but here’s why it’s so important:
- It helps you track your health year to year. Your doctor can advise you on how to improve your health and, if necessary, create a plan. After a year, your doctor can assess your health and whether your health has changed. One of the most effective ways of eliminating the risk of diseases and other health issues is to keep in tune with how your body works.
- It allows you to flag health problems early on. Annual wellness checks are carried out to search for conditions that could affect your health in the short and long term. For example, most people who learn at their yearly wellness exam that they have early diabetes or high cholesterol didn’t know of these issues before the exam. By eliminating the possibility of diseases, you’re also giving yourself the best possible chance of living a life with good mental health, free of unnecessary health anxiety.
- It’s usually covered by your insurance, so there’s no need to worry about paying. Most insurance plans cover an annual wellness visit so you can stay healthy and maintain long-term healthy behaviors. It’s a win-win for everyone involved. And, if you don’t have insurance or a plan that covers it, annual wellness exams are affordable and can prevent costly treatments in the future.
- It allows you to share important health information, keeping your doctor updated on your medical and family health history. By doing this, you can help your doctor understand what could increase your chances of becoming unwell. By developing a relationship with your doctor, you can actively work together to maintain the best level of health possible.
- You can make informed decisions about your healthcare. If you’re at risk of chronic conditions such as compromised immune systems or diabetes, your doctor can recommend certain lifestyle changes or refer you to a nutritionist to help you improve your diet so you can potentially avoid these diseases before turning to medication. The bottom line is that wellness exams empower you to learn about your body and make decisions accordingly.
Apurva Medical Care
Your health is the most important element of your daily life, and with an annual wellness exam, you’re allowing yourself time and headspace to focus on other things. With an annual wellness check out of the way, you can concentrate on family, work, hobbies, and relationships, rather than worrying about those niggling aches or pains.
Whether you need an annual wellness exam, allergy testing, sleep studies, or immunotherapy, we’re here to help. We cater to a wide range of medical needs and we’re proud to provide our Arizona patients with comprehensive medical care. Click here to view our full list of services.